Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easy Quinoa Dinner

I finally have quinoa in my apartment and had to make it ASAP! The only thing is... I didn't have much other food in my apartment because I stole the quinoa from my home in Jersey, and I hadn't been grocery shopping in a few weeks.

What I had to work with was mushrooms, frozen spinach, quinoa, and canned beans. So I basically combined all the ingredients and went with it.

First, I cooked the quinoa by boiling 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of the grain (I halved the directions on the box, but I still had leftovers).  The quinoa took about 20 minutes to cook.

While the quinoa was cooking, I sauteed the spinach and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil, pepper, oregano, garlic, and some red pepper flakes (optional).

I then drained the kidney beans and washed them and added it to the spinach and mushroom mixture. Note* I only added about a half a cup of the beans because I was making a one person serving. The quinoa was done by this time, so I scooped some quinoa on top and voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment